Re: Fwd: FC6 downloads and installs

On Sunday 19 November 2006 01:35, Michelle Konzack wrote:
[FC core download stats]
> Blahblah!
> So the download statistics would be false anyway.

It's not necessary to be so arrogant. In their email, they acknowledge that
proxies etc. have influenced their stats.  Their numbers are a lower bound,
and if their update tool by default doesn't use non-RH mirrors, probably a
quite reasonable one.

I *guess* that Debian has a much higher percentage of downloads through
mirrors where we don't have the log files compared to FC, so this obviously
doesn't change that we won't be able to come even close to a reasonable
lower bound, though.

cheers
-- vbi

--