Re: Bash /dev/tcp and /dev/udp

Le Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 02:09:33PM +0100, Jan C. Nordholz a écrit :
> Hi Klaus,
>
> > >from the bash manpage:
> >               /dev/tcp/host/port
> >               /dev/udp/host/port
>
> This has been discussed several times [1][2], and the outcome was every time
> that this should not be a feature of the shell, but of more specialized
> tools like nc. Use those or recompile your bash.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jan
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/04/msg01591.html
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/07/msg00121.html

Dear all,

I found the following additional discussions in my crystal ball:

Maybe one source of the problem is that the bug report contains only
messages advocating the inclusion of the feature, and that the
maintainer tagged it "wontfix" without explaining his reasons?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org