Re: flock() and sendmail

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, John Kelly wrote:

Then I have to wonder why sendmail is still configured to use fcntl()
when running on linux.  Sounds like the modern kernel implementation
of flock() would be better.

The most general solution wins ... and that is fcntl() !

afaict, flock() *still* does not work over NFS

Just because you may not need that feature does not mean I can screw
up the maildirs, databases, etc of those who happen to use NFS (and NFS v4 is looking *very* nice...)

--
Rick Nelson
<|Rain|> with sane code, maybe I could figure out the renderer :)