Bug#397361: ITP: libscgi-rails-ruby -- SimpleCGI protocol implementation for Ruby on Rails
Owner: Gunnar Wolf <email@example.com>
* Package name : libscgi-rails-ruby
Version : 0.4.3
Upstream Author : Zed Shaw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/scgi_rails/
* License : BSD-like
Programming Lang: Ruby
Description : SimpleCGI protocol implementation for Ruby on Rails
SCGI Rails Runner is a complete implementation of the *Simple CGI*
protocol for Ruby on Rails as specified by the
http://python.ca/nas/scgi/protocol.txt specification. SCGI is similar
to FastCGI except that it is much simpler to implement and is
actively maintained by the original author. The primary advantages of
SCGI over the current FastCGI are:
* Completely pure Ruby yet still quite fast when compared with
* The core implementation (SCGI::Processor) is extensible for other
* Systems other than Rails can use the library to implement their
* An extensive control mechanism to let you start, stop, restart,
and reload even remotely.
* Cluster management using the scgi_cluster tool.
* Configuration file based so you can set options and start from
command line easily.
* Runs on nearly everything with initial support for Windows.
* Restarts and stops are graceful, with redirects to a /busy.html
page for clients during the shutdown phase.
* You can set a throttle and max connections setting to reduce the
load an application puts on your system.
This package is part of the Ruby library extras, a supplement to Ruby's
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.16-2-686
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)