RFH: cdw -- Tool for burning CD's - console version

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

I request assistance with maintaining the cdw package. It has a bad
thread implementation as far as I can tell; thus when writing the CD
with one thread and checking the progress from an other it segfaults.
Upstream finished its development, but I would like to see it in Etch if
this issue can be fixed. Please help me correcting this, the code is
in pure C.

Thanks in advance,

The package description is:
 Ncurses-based frontend for cdrecord and mkisofs. It can handle audio and
 data CD burning, through a CD image or directly from the files.
 Contains the console based version of cdw.