libXft1 for xorg...

Hi,

During the passage from xfree to xorg, libxft1 has been dropped in favor
of libXft2. I have no problem with that except that libXft1 is not
installable anymore (etch system). It depend on the old xfree packages.

It is a problem since I have a few executables which link to this
library at runtime, and I only have the executables so no recompilation
possible. (GaussView but that does not matter). Is there a technical reason
to have dropped the version 1 of the library? Cause xorg is a fork of
xfree, so I would imagine that at least at the beginning libxft1 was
present...

thanks

jacques