Re: Debian Etch

Thomas Fischer <t._fischer@web.de> writes:

> this mail should only be something to encourage you to develop etch
> in the beginner-friendly way as it is today. thank you therefore!

Thanks for giving comments on your experience with Debian.

> I don't like: - no easy overview in the console for example: if
> there are many files in apt there should be something like a "list"
> in alphabetical order

You may not be aware of the 'aptitude' console-mode tool, installed by
default on Debian etch. As well as providing complete operation from
the command line, it also features an interactive full-terminal
interface with a browser for packages, one per line.

    <URL:http://aptitude.sourceforge.net/>
    <URL:http://packages.debian.org/aptitude>

--
 \       "Our products just aren't engineered for security."  -- Brian |
  `\             Valentine, senior vice-president of Microsoft Windows |