Re: libc6 2.5 and Etch

Ron Johnson a écrit :

> On 10/25/06 04:53, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2006-10-25 04:36]:
>>> Is there any reasonable possibility that it will make it into Etch?
>> No, of course not.  We cannot put a copletely new and untested libc in
>> at this point of the release cycle.
>
> That's what I figured, but 2.5 has been sitting in experimental for
> "a while", and I didn't know whether it was just waiting for final
> release to be dropped into Sid just before the freeze.
>
>>                                     In fact, we don't even have 2.4
>> because there are a number of architectures that still need
>> LinuxThreads.
>
> Then how will 2.5 be adopted?

We plan to upload it right after the release of etch.

This version works on all architectures, but m68k, hurd and hppa which
don't have TLS support.

For hppa the work is almost done, I am currently building the packages
(but on a slow machine) to test them.

For m68k and hurd, I have sent a mail to the porters a few months ago, I
haven't received any answer. Maybe we should have to drop those
architectures, at least temporarily.