Re: arches and etch

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> One exciting thing with the next etch release is that the default
> installer will ask if the machine should submit information to
> popcon.debian.org.  I look forward to see how that will affect the
> number of machines submitting, as well as how it will affect the
> architecture distribution. :)

I doubt it will change noticably for the non mainstream
architectures. Those that have their trusty old hardware running
Debian for years and years now aren't the people that reinstall their
system on every release.

So to see a difference for the smaller archs the upgrade should
ask. Do we have an etch package/task that pulls in cool new stuff etch
has that new installs get but upgrades normaly wouldn't get?

MfG
        Goswin