Re: Looking for Debian Packaging expert

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:26:04PM -0700, Mahmood Sheikh wrote:
> Hi all,
> I work for ACCESS, Inc. here in Sunnyvale, California. We are looking
> for someone who is adept in Debian Packaging. This person would deliver
> 3 or 4 hourly sessions to our employees just to educate them on benefits
> of using Debian Packaging and answer any questions that our employees
> (internal developers) might have.
>
> It would not be training sessions but it would be semi technical talks
> on how to use and deploy Debian packages mechanism and discussing the
> advantages of using Debian packages for distribution of software
> internally.
>
> Regards,
Hi Mahmood,
thanks for considering Debian!
your employees can browser the Debian.org web site for information about
packaging. Look at the Debian policy manual and the Debian developers
reference as the place to start. You can ask questions on various lists,
check lists.debian.org for the complete list. There is also an irc
channel on irc.debian.org for real time help. You can also consider
Debian books like 'the Debian system' for help or check the books
section of our site. You can also download and examine any package to
explore how others do it. Its Free Software with the 4 freedoms
that Richard Stallman wanted.
cheers,
Kev