Re: [Help] Please compile clustalw on architectures ia64, mips, mipsel, s390 and m68k

[Charles Plessy]
> Clustal W and Clustal X are the most popular software for multiple
> alignment of biological sequences. Their source package was NMUed during
> the lesstif transition, but not built on enough architectures, and was
> therefore removed from testing.
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/clustalw.html

Ah, the pain with no autobuilders for non-free packages.  You will
have to find a developer with access to all of the architectures ia64,
mips, mipsel and s390 (m68k is ignored), and get them to build
binaries of the package.  Or you can ask the ftpmasters to remove the
binaries for these archs, but that normally take longer time.  I only
have i386 machines myself, so I can not help you.

What about convincing the upstream developers to change the license to
one of the free software licenses?  It would solve the problem for
good.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen