kernel package removal

Does anyone know the cause of the following?  I haven't filed a bug report as
I'm not sure which package to file it against.  It appears that a grub config
file problem may be preventing package removal.

Please CC me on replies.

Removing linux-image-2.6.17-2-686 ...
Purging configuration files for linux-image-2.6.17-2-686 ...
Running postrm hook script /usr/sbin/update-grub.
Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub
Testing for an existing GRUB menu.lst file ... found: /boot/grub/menu.lst
Searching for splash image ... none found, skipping ...
Found kernel: /boot/memtest86+.bin
Updating /boot/grub/menu.lst ... done

dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.17-2-686 (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 128
Removing linux-image-2.6.18-1-686 ...
Purging configuration files for linux-image-2.6.18-1-686 ...
Running postrm hook script /usr/sbin/update-grub.
Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub
Testing for an existing GRUB menu.lst file ... found: /boot/grub/menu.lst
Searching for splash image ... none found, skipping ...
Found kernel: /boot/memtest86+.bin
Updating /boot/grub/menu.lst ... done

dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.18-1-686 (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 128
 linux-image-2.6.17-2-686
 linux-image-2.6.18-1-686
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to continue.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.blogspot.com/          My Blog