Group for camera users

Hello,

I maintain libgphoto2 and way back when I adopted the package it has
manual instructions and they were about creating a 'camera' group and
so on.

I added default hotplug (and now udev) support and created 'camera'
group in postinst.  At the same time there was much work on 'project
utopia' and a 'plugdev' group was created for pluggable disk devices.
Then Ubuntu appeared and they chose to also use 'plugdev' for camera
support.  I kept on using 'camera'.

I am now (once again) asking myself whether I should also switch
Debian package to 'plugdev'.

Is there any opinion on this ?

Thanks for your feedback,

        Frederic