Removing obexserver (Re: RFA: obexserver -- Receive files with OBEX protocol)

Hello!

Taking this out of bug [1] and to d-d to have a more advice on the
correct action to be taken (as per DevRef §5.9.2 [2]).

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:47:08 +0200, Michael Holzt wrote:
>> Good idea, I talked with Eugeniy about that. Though, I guess the
>> final decision is to the obexserver maintainer.
>
> Totally fine with me. Go ahead and remove obexserver from the
> distribution.
>
>> Since my NMU on affix, when it propagates to testing, obexserver
>> will be the last user of the old libopenobex-1.0-0 package:
>
> This is nice as well.

As the maintainer agrees, we should ask for remotion of obexserver
(and successively libopenobex-1.0-0, cc:ing its maintainer).  While
the latter has no opened bugs, the former has 4 bugs: how should we
deal with them?  Just close them with remotion of the package?

Another question: is it worth to remove the package from etch, too?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-removing-pkgs