Re: Request for virtual package ircd

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:38:03AM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Wouldn't "relay-chat-server" or "relay-chat-daemon" be a better name.

I think no, we also call it "httpd" and not "web-server" or
"hypertext-transfer-protocol-server".

> Only if they really work with _all_ of them, even new ones. Really?

Yes, there are services which work with all ircds, "anope" is one of
them. Poorwise it's not in Debian (anyone knows why? license issues?
maybe I'm gonna have a look at it).

Regards

--
  .''`.     Mario Iseli <admin@marioiseli.com>
 : :'  :    proud user of Debian unstable