Re: Stuff the installer does which isn't done on upgrade....

[Theodore Tso]
> The e2fsprogs-udeb package does include the mke2fs.conf file, so if
> the installer is using the latest e2fsprogs-udeb, it should be
> creating filesystems with the dir_index and resize_inode features.

Soon the etch installer is using the latest mkfs.ext3 to create the
file system.  debian-installer beta3 use libparted + tune2fs -j, and
this fail to enable both these features.

I really happy to know that d-i in sid now creates online re-sizable
file systems.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen