initramfs, open-iscsi, 'unknown local user with uid 0' and getpwuid()

I'm currently implementing open-iscsi support in initramfs (which uses
busybox and klibc) and rewriting the initramfs-tools to support more
complex rootfs setups (iscsi > dm > ocfs2). Now when I try to use
"iscsiadm" I get the following error:

"iscsid: peeruser_unix: unknown local user with uid 0"

I found by looking at the sourcecode this error is caused by
getpwuid() returning NULL. When looking at a strace dump I noticed
getpwuid() is looking for NSS which seems not to be available in the
klibc/busybox environment.

Anyone who can help?

Thanks,
Machuidel