Re: Free flash player for your browser

Petter Reinholdtsen dijo [Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 06:21:24PM +0200]:

> [Gunnar Wolf]
> > In my experience, it will even _require_ AMD64 or similar CPUs to
> > display even trivial pages. Gnash is still a long way for being
> > useful on most machines - it's just too heavy.
>
> OK.  Do you have URLs to test pages showing this behaviour?  I use the
> test ages listed in
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/FlashInDebianEdu>, and would
> welcome more test pages. :)
>
> I have not seen this problem myself, but I guess that might be because
> I have powerful machines. :)

Ugh, I _knew_ I should not have replied ;-)

No, I don't have it... I came to that conclusion only because after
installing Gnash my (850MHz PIII) laptop suddenly became irresponsive
and loud-fanned. I noticed Firefox was the responsable process, then
uninstalled Gnash and continued with my business. All in all, I hate
animations coming along where I don't explicitly call them, and most
web pages have at least one bothering Flash element...

I have a habit of opening tens of pages and reading them according to
my free time, so tracking which .swf is the culprit is more work than
what I'm willing to.

I'm sorry... I don't expect to be able to pinpoint the offending pages soon.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23