Re: A plan to get rid of unnecessary package dependencies

[Richard Atterer]
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:40:49PM -0700, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> > Thank you for this very cool effort!  Might we see checklib
> > packaged for Debian soon?
>
> Hmm, maybe the functionality could be included in lintian?

See #340934.  Henning wrote this lintian check several months ago, but
Jeroen explains in the bug log why it was not accepted.  I use it
locally, and it works fine.  (Well, modulo the bug I reported later to
that same bug log.)