Re: Problem including <asm/timex.h> (linux-kernel-headers 2.6.17)

On 9/22/06, Martin Kittel <debian@martin-kittel.de> wrote:
So this brings me back to me original problem: are user-space
applications allowed/supposed to use these headers? And if so, how are
they to be used if the headers rely on __KERNEL__ to be defined?

My understanding was that userspace should never use kernel headers
directly. Instead, userspace should copy the parts of the header that
is relevent to them. I think the idea is that eventually stuff
expected to be used will be moved to the sanitized headers in glibc.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/