Re: gfdl gcc documentation packages for non-free: update
Nikita V. Youshchenko writes:
> I've updated gcc-4.1 documentation packages (Section: non-free/doc).
> Packages are no longer debian-native, also several issues have been fixed.
> Also, I've created gcc-doc-defaults package (Section: contrib/doc) that
> builds gcc-doc, cpp-doc, gfortran-doc and treelang-doc packages with
> proper dependences and symlinks.
> Maintainer of all those packages is set to email@example.com
> As for over version of gcc - packages for those that are currently in sid
> still contain gfdl documentation. So creation of proper non-free packages
> has to be postponed until this documentation is not removed from there.
> Currently packages are at
> I'm going to upload there (to non-free and contrib) in a day or two.
> Comments welcome.
- the man pages (all except gfortran.1) are not built from
source. -> RC
- the gfdl is not included in the man pages, nor the gfdl(7) man
pages are shipped, violating the GFDL (dropping invariant
sections). -> RC
- the java man pages are not built
- the libstdc++ docs are not built
- the man pages are not up to date. you have to apply the patches
from our sources.
for an alternative approach (somebody did volunteer to do that, but I
never heard again from this developer):
- put the doc files from
in a source tarball.
- build-depend on gcc-4.1-source (including the -doc patches),
build the package (bootstrap_target=all), then just package