Re: Creating packages with debconf

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:47:34 +0000 (GMT)
Rodrigo Tavares <digolinopage@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just configured the tree with debconf, by create a
> package, but when i try to build a package the
> makefile  is required. I choose single package.
>
> Skipping copying to script-gera-banco-1.4.orig since
> script-gera-dbar-1.4.orig exists.
> Currently there is no top level Makefile. This may
> require additional tuning.
> You already have a debian/ subdirectory in the source
> tree. dh_make will not try to overwrite anything.
>
> The intetion is, my package execute the script (create
> bd in postgresql) and remove this script, and make
> some a questions.
> How I can to create Makefile in this case ?

I think you're confused, you're mixing up debconf, dh_make and
dpkg-buildpackage.

You can use dh_make only to setup some defaults for your package-to-be,
it does _not_ build a package.

Have you read http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ ?

I suggest you start there.

grts Tim