Re: (proposed) Mass bug filing for debconf "abuse" by using low|medium priority debconf notes?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> In short, a note should only be used for IMPORTANT stuff, so actually
> all debconf notes should be priority high....or should not exist!

It's better to simply remove them all: If it's an error, use the new
error data type, which will always be displayed no matter the priority.
If it's not an error, put it in NEWS.Debian, README.Debian, etc.

The only thing stopping me from making debconf notes a no-op is the note
in d-i's nobootloader, which is a fairly legitimate note (not error), that
can't really be put anywhere else, and possibly the partman help note
(though noone reads that note).

--
see shy jo