Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?
- From: Matt Zimmerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:08:06 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20060906220805.GA6943@alcor.net>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20060827050556.GA27265@thunk.org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060826071653.GB4964@katherina.lan.complete.org> <20060826131513.GA17004@thunk.org> <email@example.com> <20060827050556.GA27265@thunk.org>
On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 01:05:56AM -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 04:02:04PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > - X ran with the wrong resolution (typical i915 problem) and with the wrong
> > dpi setting
> Can't speak to that; my ATI Firegl video worked automatically out of
> the box --- with 3D accelerated graphics automatically.
That's an interesting observation, as Ubuntu 6.06 LTS does not configure X
to use the proprietary driver by default. If that device worked out of the
box, it was due to Ubuntu having a newer version of the open source ATI