Re: The bigger issue is badly licensed blobs (was Re: Firmware poll

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:

> On Aug 31, Nathanael Nerode <neroden@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> Marco trolled again.  FYI, no serious person disagrees with this
>> interpretation.
> Except every other distribution, which usually retain real lawyers
> to advise them about potential problems like this instead of relying
> on mailing lists posts.
> It's pathetic that you dismiss dissenting opinions as "trolling".
>
> --
> ciao,
> Marco

Every other distribution does not concern itself with the question
wether it is legal to distribute this. They are only concerned with
"Will anybody sue us?" and "Do we loose more profit by risking a
lawsuite or by dropping support?".

MfG
        Goswin