Re: Running x86-64 debian inside i386 pbuilder on AMD64

* Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> [2006-08-24 08:05]:

> I am looking to create .deb's for x86-64. I have an AMD64 but run an
> i386 OS due to the lack of some 64-bit packages (like flash and
> what-not). I have pbuilder all set up to build packages for i386, but I
> wonder if it's possible to use it to create x86-64 packages as well.
> After all, I do have an AMD64 so I can run x86-64 packages.
>
> So, is it possible to bootstrap an x86-64 OS with pbuilder on an i386
> system running on an AMD64?

If you are running a 64bit Kernel this should be possible. I run amd64
with linux32 installed and a 32bit dchroot for stuff like flash and co.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System
<NForcer> Nene, sie mag keine Horrofilme.. Schnulzen fallen da mit drunter :))