Re: using long long and printf("%m") in debian

pe, 2006-08-18 kello 23:25 +0200, Michael Rasmussen kirjoitti:
> I have a package which relies on support for long long and using gcc
> does not give problems. The same goes for printf support of %m. What
> various me is that these features are not supported in ISO C90. My
> question is if this is problem in Debian and if so should I make some
> checking in configure.ac and provide work-arounds in config.h?

C90 has been obsoleted by C99. The C implementation we have, consisting
of gcc and glibc, support long long and %m (the latter being a GNU
extension, even, it seems).

Anyway, the target platform for packages in Debian is Debian; you don't
need to provide portability fixes for non-Debian platforms. It may be
nice to do so, if you wish to help upstream, but for Debian, it is not
necessary. We've got enough to do, we don't need to worry about other
systems, too.

--
The difference between appealing and appaling is very small.