Re: Remove cdrtools

On 16-Aug-06, 19:23 (CDT), Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Yeah, wanting to use functionality when it's available is always a
> dreadful idea. Far better to reimplement it locally in order to ensure
> that we have more copies of it to fix should there ever be any sort of
> security flaw.

You can't have it both ways. Either your program *requires* the
new/unusual functionality exist on the system, in which case it will
never port to the systems that don't have it, or you'll have to
provde a custom implementation, in which case you have the multiple
implementations problem anyway.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland