Desktop themes for Debian ?

Hi people,
I'm a devel on Art Team in Debian-BR-CDD [1] project in Brazil and
maintainer of some icon packages in Debian.
The Debian-BR-CDD is a cdd focused in desktop applications for
brazilians users in Portuguese, with some themes customized for GNOME,
GDM, Splashy, Grub, Icons, website. Any screenshots are here[2].

I think that the etch version must have standardized themes in the KDE
and GNOME.
I want to know about this work in the Debian. How the graphic art is
organized? Are teams? How can I help this team?

Thanks a lot!

Links:
[1] - http://cdd.debian-br.org
[2] - http://cdd.debian-br.org/project/wiki/Screenshots