Re: Buildds still not picking up new architectures, why?

Kurt Roeckx writes:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 10:47:13AM +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>>
>> This issue has been blocking the Ada transition (19 source packages,
>> 11 RC bugs) for about 3 weeks now, and I'd really like to be able to
>> proceed.
>
> I don't see how this can be blocking a transition.  Please just
> do it for the arches that are supported now.  The buildd
> admins/porters can perfectly take care of it once P-a-s gets
> updated.

There are several reasons why this problem is blocking.

One reason is that, as I explained in another post, I need to check
the build logs on all architectures before I'm satisfied with my
packages.

Another is that many packages build-depend on each other, leading to a
potential mess of build failures if a required package is missing when
I try to build the next.

A third reason is that the lack of builds on all archs will probably
prevent the packages from migrating to testing.  I really want all my
packages to migrate to testing, so I am sure they will be in etch,
before I consider re-uploading to fix minor problems or improve the
packaging.

But it's not you I need to convince, it is Ryan or whoever admins the
CVS pserver where P-a-s is.  I am also curious, like Kevin Mark, to
understand the buildd infrastructure better.

--
Ludovic Brenta.