Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 12:47:05PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On 7/30/06, Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org> wrote:
> As someone who has been loosely following this for a while and
> translated a few descriptions, I have a few little questions/comments:
>
> 1. The website you provide (http://ddtp.debian.net/) is extremely
> light on detail. It contains just the translations, nothing else.
> Something I've wished for is a link to a site provide translations of
> common technical terms, given they're not in the usual dictionaries.
> If that link got included in the email it'd be great. At the moment
> I'm using http://www.kde.nl/helpen/woordenlijst.html but even that's
> missing some common words.

Thanks for this suggestion. We are aware of the fact that the ddtp
website is a bit short on details right now. I hope one of the server
admins can improve it a bit.

> 2. What's with the graph? It looks odd.

Michael Bramer explained that there is currently a problem with the
merging and that he is investigating.

> 3. There's some comments further in the thread about the review
> process not working, or something like that. What's up with that?

The current ddtp.debian.net server is a intermediate solution that we
hope to supersede with something based on a new debian-wide
translation infrastrucutre (debian-i18n people, please correct me if
I'm wrong here). This means that some commands are not working on
ddtp.debian.net.

> Other than that, I'm glad there's progress. Getting translated
> descriptions is a really cool goal.

I think we got a step closer, but there is still some work to be
done. I'm sure the ddtp server admins will appreciate any help and I
would appreciate any testing of the new apt code :)

Thanks,
 Michael