small quirks setting up a cross-compile toolchain

Hello,
	I've been following the directions here:

	http://www.mobilab.unina.it/Resources/crosscompilerHOWTO.html

	attempting to set up a cross-compiler toolchain for my ipod. So far,
I've run into a small quirk; half of the files get installed to
/usr/arm-linux, the other half to /usr/arm-linux-gnu. So far I've had to
symlink /usr/arm-linux-gnu/include and /usr/arm-linux-gnu/lib/* into
/usr/arm-linux in order to get gcc to compile.

	Has anybody else run into this? Is there something I can do that's
cleaner and closer to The Debian Way than manually making symlinks?

	Thanks,
		Tyler