Mozilla Mothballed now, is a Seamonkey package a possibility?

 As mentioned below by Joey from Debian weekly news, I personally would much appreciate Debian Developers/ package maintainers to consider discussing replacing Mozilla , now superseded and mothballed by Mozilla and replaced by the Seamonkey Council, and now Seamonkey 1.02 stable release.
This email was written in a Seamonkey cmg, installed on Kanotix, but a Deb package would be better perhaps in the repos.
I greatly hope this will be considered soon in at Debian.
Thanks too Joey
All the Best in there
Rod
Rod Lovett wrote:

> Dear Martin,thanks again for Debian weekly, but may I ask, who is the
> best to ask if Debian is going to replace Mozilla browser with
> SeaMonkey, as this is already at release 1.02, and Mozilla has been
> superseded, ie mothballed.

The reflective maintainers would probably be best.  Hmm, looks like
there is no SeaMonkey yet (only XULrunner as library).  Hence,
somebody needs to package it first <http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/>.

Otherwise Debian Mozilla Maintainers
<pkg-mozilla-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org> may be a good
starting point.

It may also be worth considering to start a discussion on the
debian-devel@lists.debian.org list as this affects the current
development and also the release of etch at the end of the year.

Regards,

	Joey

-- Long noun chains don't automatically imply security. -- Bruce Schneier