Re: greylisting on debian.org?

On Monday 17 July 2006 23:41, Pierre Habouzit took the opportunity to write:
> Le lun 17 juillet 2006 19:53, Adrian von Bidder a écrit :
> > So the question is, imho, not if we should potentially lock out users
> > of big mail pools - those are in the default whitelists anyway by
> > now.  The question is: can we temporarily (until they can be
> > whitelisted) lock out users of "standards?-who-needs-standards?"
> > systems that don't implement sensible queueing.  Many of these sites
> > are small - but there are also a few bigger names: Yahoo groups,
> > Amazon, Roche, Motorola. (According to postgrey's default whitelist.
> > Some of these are from 2004 or earlier, and AFAIK nobody tries to
> > verify if these systems are still stupid in that way.)
> OTOH those systems are not listed on RBL's (or it does not last) and you
> won't greylist them.

Which RBL's do you have in mind? I mean, some RBL's, like XBL/SBL, are
high-quality enough that you can outright reject. Others, like SpamCop, are
likely to include some of the bigger names from time to time. DUL lists might
be good candidates.

Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)