Re: Compiling packages for the standard distribution with -Os instead of -O2

I thought it might be worth pointing out that this has already been done on a large scale, in Mac OS X. That is precisely why PPC and i386 gcc are now largely fixed. Also, that the Mac OS team did considerable testing, and now build almost everything with -Os.

I heard this at a presentation from one of the developers involved, in London: it was Eric Albert, at this UKUUG event:

http://www.ukuug.org/events/apple06/

but I can't find a copy of the slides on the web.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | Crews help mock terror casualties (BBC)