Re: stumpwm: Clarify README.Debian - can't understand a thing how to start this wm

| tags 356948 + help
| retitle 356948 stumpwm: clarify how to start this WM in the README.Debian
| thanks
|
| Hello!
|
| For d-d: I'd like a more general advice about the user request, which
| I'm quite reluctant to accomplish.
|
| For all: please honor the R-T and M-F-T headers (no need to cc: me).
|
| On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:05:01 +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
| > The debian/control::Description reads:
| [...]
| > From "StumpWM is a window manager written entirely in Common Lisp"
| > it suggests, that is is just another window manager only that the
| > host language is common lisp.
|
| Well, as I already explained in my previous reply [1], you need a
| specific background in Common Lisp to use this WM.  Moreover, the
| package section is specifically set to "devel" and not "x11" as most
| of the other WMs.

This is all good, but I don't think visible enough to an end user.
If first line in debian/Control::Description would make the intention
clear clear, it would solve the bug as far as I'm concerned.

   BEFORE

     StumpWM is a window manager written entirely in Common Lisp. It

   AFTER

     Note: this is not and end user program; i.e. a regular window manager.
     .
     StumpWM is a window manager written entirely in Common Lisp. It

That leaves open how to generally resolve similar cases in other
packages.

Jari