Re: unstable? nah. :-)

Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > It was finally retired today, after 875 days of uptime, not because there
> > was a problem with it, just because there was a price problem with the
> > hosting provider it's colocated at. For an "unstable" distribution, it gave
> > me the most stable server experience I've ever had.
> Do you ever security update your kernel...?

	I didn't on that server. Honestly, I'm more worried about a system
that's locked in a server room a ferry or plane ride away from me not coming
back up after a reboot. ;-) I have access to a web powerbar for my new
server, and there's some level of 24 hour support, so I'm able to risk the
occasional reboot now...

		- Tyler