rcpar, parallel boot written in C

Hi,

After Marga's talk in Debconf6, I've been working in a program that starts the
initscripts in parallel [1]. It's similar in some aspects to startpar (part
of sysvinit package) but with two main goals: it must work, it must be as
little intrusive as possible (in respect to the scripts behavior).

The idea is to have a working parallel boot system, which could be accompanied
by something similar to insserv[2], to have the smallest possible boot time.

The current version is almost a proof of concept, but works quite well with
non-interactive initscripts. It still does not handle the input for scripts
like checkroot.sh, scripts that prompt for a passphrase, or similar. Anyway,
I'll be working in the support of interactive scripts for the next few days.

It's not ready to be released, nor to be included in Debian, but I would
really like to have some eyes over it, some comments and suggestions.

I might make a package for this soon, but I still have to figure out how to
modify /etc/init.d/rc from outside the sysvinit package.

[1] The darcs repository is available in http://maxy.com.ar/~maxy/darcs/rcpar
[2] insserv uses the new lsb initscripts tags to reorder them, but it's too
SUSE based