Bug#369933: RFA: flwm -- Fast Light Window Manager
I request an adopter for the flwm package, that would spend more time
wit this package than I do. I am still using flwm though.
FLWM is a lightweight window-manager using the FLTK library. There is no
major issue with this package, upstream is alive but not very
responsive, and the code is rather clean. Most issues are due to changes
in the FLTK library that need to be compensated.
The package description is:
Flwm is an attempt to combine the best ideas from several
window managers. The primary influence and code base is from
wm2 by Chris Cannam. Primary features copied from wm2 are:
- Does not look like Windoze.
- Nifty sideways title bars.
- No icons. You deiconify by picking off a pop-up menu.
This means no space is wasted by icons.
- Really small and fast code.
It is enhanced by the author's own further nutty ideas:
- Does not use shape extension, more standard resize handles.
- Occupies as little screen space as possible. The border and titles
are as thin as I could possibly make them. And maximized
windows waste only 15 pixels horizontally and zero (count'em)
- Independent maximize buttons for width & height, close button.
- Understands Motif, KDE, and Gnome window manager hints.
- Multiple desktops, controlled from the same menu as the icons.
Imagine a large red swirl here.