Re: bits from the release team: release goals, python, X.org, amd64, timeline

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:05:26PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Timeline
> ========
>
> Now, let's please take a more detailed look at the time line:
>

>          Thu 15 Jun 06:
>
>     last chance to switch to gcc 4.1, python 2.4
>     review architectures one more time
>     last chance to add new architectures
>
>     RC bug count less than 300

Since m68k pretty much depends on the gcc-4.1 transition to make it in
again, I would suggest that we (as in, the m68k port) make the switch to
GCC4.1 as the default already. This will allow us to verify that stuff
actually builds and works, and to catch up with building those that fail
with ICE in gcc-4.0 before that time. Since m68k is not a release
architecture right now, this should not cause any problems for any other
port if the GCC 4.1 transition does not happen, but it will help if it
does.

Thoughts, objections?

--
Fun will now commence