Re: RFH: problems building against libradius1-dev with libtool-aware packages?

hey daniel,

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 02:08:36PM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> The real fix there, is to not install the .la file, ever.  It's a world
> of hurt, and gains us nothing on Debian systems.

but considering the fact that i do not maintain radiusclient1, and
essentially have no way to implement your suggestion, are there any
options?  i'm also curious to know if this would be considered a bug
in radiusclient1 (and if so, what the severity should be).

it also seems like later versions of libtool (>> sarge) are able to
work around this problem, but specifying this in the build-depends makes
things a bit harder for backporting to sarge.  also, people will continue
to have problems compiling the package (or orig upstream) from source,
hence my hoping that there was a better way.

	sean