Re: Packages violating policy 8.2

> On 19 May 2006, Goswin von Brederlow outgrape:
>
>         setools is in the list, and contains libraries that it uses
>  itself, but does not break it up into multiple installed
>  packages. Setools is moving rapidly rnough that I do not intend to
>  support multiple versions of the libraries until things stabilize a
>  bit.
>
>         However, people do build binaries against these libraries, and
>  even have private packages, and I intend to support that.

I think that Policy 8.2 is fully applicable to your package then. It
is a MUST directive so your unwillingness to allow multiple versions
of your library to coexist does not affect the violation.

Following 8.2 you only have 2 choices: Split the package or provide
only static libaries and live with the wasted space. Otherwise the
packages is RC buggy.

My 2c,
        Goswin