Re: ITP: elfutils

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 10:12:24PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> - The license is now GPL for most files.  The libelf, libebl, libdw,and
> libdwfl libraries have additional exceptions.  Add reference toOIN.
>
> (This allow to link with any open source license approved by OSI)
>
> It contains other libraries which have something simular in Debian
> already.
>
> libelf (with binary package libelfg0) seems to do exactly the same, so
> maybe we should look at only providing one of them.  I have no idea why
> it has the g in it's name though.

They are roughly ABI compatible, but they are neither license
compatible (you can link libelfg0 with whatever you please) nor
completely quirk compatible (I've reported bugs in using the elfutils
version to modify files where it would corrupt output, I have no idea
if they've been fixed).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery