Re: RFC: Better portability for package maintainers

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 12:32 -0500, Michael Banck wrote:
> We had a pure NetBSD port before, but so far no non-glibc port got added
> to the archive officially (but that doesn't mean it would get rejected
> if it was of release quality).
>
> IMHO a glibc-based OpenSolaris would certainly be the better and more
> interesting option (but might take some effort initially).

Do you really believe so? Do you understand that such a "hybrid" will
not run any existing Solaris apps like you will not be able to run
simple thinks like Macromedia flush player, JRE, JDK, Oracle, SAP, etc
etc... Do you still wanna do that?

--
Erast