Re: RFC: Better portability for package maintainers

pe, 2006-05-19 kello 13:15 -0700, Alex Ross kirjoitti:
> Minimally, package maintainers and developers could take a look on our logs
> and see if there's anything wrong. If there is, in many cases the fix is obvious.

You're not going to get very many Debian package maintainers to look at
*yet* *another* location for things to do. If you want changes to be
made to Debian packages, you need to file bugs (wishlist ones, until
there's consensus inside Debian that we want to change policy).

> Ideally though, there'd be an augmented policy of package acceptance,
> reflecting the fact that the packages with "Architecture: any" should build
> and run on one of the Debian POSIX-compliant systems. NexentaOS is
> certainly one such system.

I think you may want to insert the word "based" between "Debian" and
"POSIX-compliant". Please don't imply that NexentaOS is Debian.

--
Close your mind to stress and pain, hack till you're no longer sane.