Re: Packages violating policy 8.2

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:56:54PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:
> > I don't see why this could be a problem for multiarch. The library is
> > only used by the binary which is the same package, so they are always
> > in sync.
> libfoo:i386 contains
> /usr/bin/foo
> /usr/i486-linux-gnu/lib/libfoo.so.0

> libfoo:amd64 contains
> /usr/bin/foo
> /usr/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib/libfoo.so.0

> When both get installed dpkg will complain about trying to overwrite
> /usr/bin/foo.

Surely you're just pushing this out to libfoo-bin:i386 contains
/usr/bin/foo and likewise libfoo-bin:amd64 and getting the conflict
there.

How do you resolve that?

Simon

--
... "You still here Basil?" - Sybil "No, I went a couple of minutes ago,
    dear, but I expect I'll be back soon." - Basil, Fawlty Towers