Re: alternatives and priorities

At 1148048910 past the epoch, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Interesting idea, but by my reckoning that would make "ed" the default
> editor for most people, which I don't think is a good idea:
> 	    <http://popcon.debian.org/main/editors/by_inst>

Eek. Of course if you go by "vote", then vim or nvi trump ed, and nano:
	    <http://popcon.debian.org/main/editors/by_vote>

I'd think that if nano was installed it should be preferred over a
vi-instance, because vi is so unintuitive to someone who has not
experienced it before. Perhaps some kind of mashing of the two datas
together...

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/