Re: Re: Re: screenshot with package description

> However, another solution would be just place these JPGs and PNGs flat
> on the server and have apt just download them and save them
Yes, a public repository where people download the picture when they need it.

i have an Internet access (dialup or broadband)
1) I set a remote repository URL with apt-pixmap
2) I display the package description of a new package in Synaptic.
3) Synaptic download the index file from the repository
4) Synaptic parse the index
5) Synaptic download the screenshot(s) and logo and show them with their
descriptions
6) Synaptic remove the dowloaded picture unless specific setting in Synaptic

If i'm an offline user:
1) I set a local repositroy from my medias with apt-pixmap
2) apt-pixmap copy the pixmap from the media in /var/cache/apt/pixmap. If the
media provide more than one size, I can select the prefered one.
3) I display the package description of a new package in Synaptic.
4) Synaptic read the index file from the local cache
5) Synaptic parse the index
6) Synaptic read the screenshot(s) and logo and show them with their
descriptions

I think i'll have a server next week to begin to collect screenshots.

Regards,

	Gonéri