Re: Sun Java available from non-free

Le Jeu 18 Mai 2006 09:28, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> Le jeudi 18 mai 2006 à 09:24 +0200, Michael Meskes a écrit :
> > On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:21:27PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > > I'm really disappointed: what's the use of spending time on
> > > debian-legal, when the Project seems to ignore us?
> >
> > As far as I can tell the packages were accepted from NEW in a very
> > short time frame (~ 5hours).
>
> ... while there are packages that have been waiting for a month,
> holding GNOME 2.14 out of unstable.

  well, you're not alone, there is 217 source packages in NEW, most of
them for more than 2 weeks, not to mention the ones that have been
uploaded many times which hides the fact that they rot there since
ages.

  NEW has worked for something like 6 monthes pretty well, maybe 8, and
is stuck again. I'm still thinking that NEW for packages that already
are in the archive is totally inefficient.
  at the least, NEW should be split into real NEW uploads (source
packages that never wer ein the archive) and another queue for the
packages that just have a new binary package. that queue should be
treated really faster, it's often a big block for teams that see their
upload schedule completely stuck because of the slowness of NEW
processing. This produces irritation and frustration, and is of no good
for the project.

  Oh and as we are speaking of NEW, I also think that most of the
refusal for tiny problems (in tiny I mean that they need a couple of
seconds to fix, like one forgotten file in a debian/copyright ...)
should be accepted instead, with an RC open bug.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit