Re: multiarch status update

On 5/15/06, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
       Hi all!

On Monday 15 May 2006 14:15, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> > this is a dream. This also need that the application is able to deal
> > with the fact that it has configuration for the 32 and 64 bits version
> > coexisting cleanly.
>
> True. Did I say that it would be trivial?
> Or even a short-term solution?

So why would you introduce a change that may triger a lot of new complications
and incompatibilities?

To increase flexibility.

I have a multiarch on my amd64 system only because I want to use applications
that I can't use or does not have the same functionalities with amd64 (mostly
firefox, ooo and mplayer then...).
But I'll be happy to have a full amd64 system if only they could provide the
same with it.

So, as for Pierre, a binary package per multiarch system seems obviously the
solution, since a user needs only a given functionalities.

Why would you see many binaries installed from the user point of view?